Featured Post

The latest Bob stuff

Hi there! I am rarely on this blog anymore, so I would like to share some links to my stuff that is current. I mostly post art stuff on Inst...

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Benefit Hulk artwork for Geoffrey's Hi De Ho Comics

I did a tribute piece, volunteering it for charity.
The 11"x17" brush-inked blueline artwork may be auctioned sometime soon.
Here is a color version of it.
The concept is obviously based on and in tribute to the Jim Steranko (and Marie Severin) cover to a King-Size Special Hulk #1 from the mid-1970s.
One of my local comic shops is Geoffrey's Comics in Gardena, CA.
Geoffrey Jr. also owns Hi De Ho Comics in Santa Monica, CA, which was broken into and looted in the recent protests.
Before this looting, these and many other comic shops had to close for months due to COVID-19 related restrictions.
Anyway, I was hoping this artwork could be used in some way to benefit their recovery, or be some perk on their gofundme campaign, or something.
Contact me if you have any interest in this, and I will share info when I have anything official.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment