Featured Post

The latest Bob stuff

Hi there! I am rarely on this blog anymore, so I would like to share some links to my stuff that is current. I mostly post art stuff on Inst...

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Dirtclodfight illustration "The Reckoning"

A coupla years ago, I did an illustration for an as-of-yet-unreleased album by Portland-based band Dirtclodfight entitled The Reckoning, under direction of the bands lead singer/guitarist.
Here is the illustration…


 …and here it is with text added by the band…


...and here is a preview of the screen printed T-shirts.The illustration was created for 12" LP cover at 600 dpi, so the level of detail does not lend itself to screen printing on t-shirts, as you can see. Or perhaps the printer was given a lower-res image? I can't always control-freak my artwork from hand to hand to production.
But the design seems to hold up, and it looks more “punk” this way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment