Featured Post

The latest Bob stuff

Hi there! I am rarely on this blog anymore, so I would like to share some links to my stuff that is current. I mostly post art stuff on Inst...

Friday, March 18, 2022

Potato Mummy Annual #1 now available

 Potato Mummy Annual #1 is now available.

As of this post, it is on the shelf at the comic book shop Pulp Fiction Long Beach.

It can be ordered, with a variety of options via the PaulShararArt eBay store.

Or you can email me at potatomummy at gmail dot com, send me $14 (I take all forms of mobile/digital payment) and I'll ship one to you.

Below are the first two "sketch covers" I did. But these are really 'planned out drawings' rather than sketches.
The back cover of this comic has the "trade dress" (logo, price, issue #, etc.) but no artwork, so anyone can draw their own cover -- rather than having a separate variant cover for this purpose.

This comic is a fat 64 pages. It features stories and artwork by myself, and Paul Sharar, Michael Daedalus Kenny, Dave Castr and Rafael Navarro. Potato Mummy was created by my friend Eric Neil Dunn. He wrote and I drew Potato Mummy #1 in 1996. In 2020, Paul Sharar presented the idea of publishing a new collection of Potato Mummy stories by various writers and artists. Eric and I were talking about what we were going to bring to the table, but tragically he passed away before we could start work on something. We all agreed to push forward with the project in his honor. My contributions: I drew the cover, drew some art for the first 3 inner pages, drew and lettered one story written by M.D. Kenny, lettering on various stories, graphic design and production art for the whole book, etc. I hope this comic gives you a chuckle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment